I write blog posts every week, about things that I see, things that I do, and things that I’m just generally interested in. What I haven’t done yet, however, is write a blog post that is just about me. Not that any of you care, but I thought it might be fun to give you a few random facts about myself- to show you that there is more to me than food and hating clubbing!
- My full name is Megan Elizabeth Alice Frost. A bit of a mouthful I know. My nicknames include Meg/Megs/Meg Mog/Megsy.
- I am a big rugby fan. Not playing it (contact sports aren’t really my thing), but watching it. I support Saracens and I’ve been a season ticket holder there for the last 4 years.
- I love dogs- especially mine. Milo is a 4 year old black and white springer spaniel, and if you have me on snapchat then you will know that I am a teeny bit obsessed with him.
- I want to be a journalist. I’d love to either write for a magazine, or, in my dream world, present the news on BBC.
- I like exercising, as you will know if you read my blog post titled “why it’s time to get moving”…I think looking after our bodies is one of the most important things we can do, not just to keep healthy physically but also mentally.
- When I was younger my mum and dad let me have a go at everything- I danced, swam, played the violin, went to drama school, did horse riding, played tennis. As you can tell from the fact that I am now doing a history degree, and am not a pro violinist/dancer/swimmer, none of these things really worked out for me. All good for character building though!
- I work in Waitrose, and have done for more than 2 years. I’ve met some of my best friends through work, and I commute back from London for my shifts- so I must love it!
- I am the least fussy eater I know (except for my dad.) I don’t like to brag, but I’m not joking when I say that it’s one of the things I like most about myself. Choosing where to eat is never an issue, because I can guarantee that I will like/be willing to try almost everything on the menu. This does make actually choosing what to have difficult though- I’m always the last to order.
- I bite my nails. I have done ever since I can remember, and I absolutely hate it with a passion. I have tried everything to stop, and I have managed to for a maximum of about 3 months. But then something stressful happens (exams/deadlines etc), and the nail-biting returns with a vengeance. I am making a more concerted effort to stop now though!
- Following the hand theme, I also have an odd shaped thumb. I have no idea why this is, and neither do my parents. All I know is that it’s ugly (my sister has named it my ‘toe-thumb’, and I struggle to do things like take the hand brake off in my car sometimes. But hey, I’m all about accepting our flaws, and plus I don’t think thumb transplants are available on the NHS yet.
- I’m not really in to films unless I know what’s going to happen (weird, I know), but books, on the other hand, I LOVE. I could spend my life reading books.
- I love going to new countries. I am very lucky to have been to a lot of different places on family holidays, and I am so excited to see more of the world. Next on my list is to do a tour of European cities, and then I want to go to Vietnam and Cambodia. And then Thailand. And then back to America, and South America. Looks like I need to start saving now!
- I am a very family orientated person, and I love being at home, which is why I continue to work in Welwyn and go home every weekend. This might not work for everyone, and I might not be living the typical ‘student life’, but it works perfectly for me. In my eyes, I am very lucky to have the best of both worlds.
So there you go…some random facts about me! The person behind the blog:)